Saturday, June 13, 2009

Coming up next…

I don’t know when I’ll next have an internet connection so I’ll provide a forward looking post to tide you over. Just a quick rundown of my programme for the next few weeks. (Aside: around here we refer to any set of activities as someone’s ‘programme’ whether work related or just plans for a Saturday.)

I’ve got 5 zone M&E assessments coming up. Kasaghala and Chanya on the 15th, Chanya and Chisi on the 16th, then Chinongo on the 23rd. I’m really hoping these are received well. It may be an evaluation coming down from the Union but I think they have potential to be quite useful for the zones.

The JFs are rejoining at Senga Bay from June 19-21 after a month apart getting to know our placements. Should be a fun reunion with some good discussions about our respective impact plans and change projects.

Speaking of change project I’ve got some specific ideas rolling around in my head and hopefully will have something definite to outline next time I get to the blogging.

I’ll be attending the Misuku Co-op Board Meeting on June 26th followed by the Misuku AGM on the 27th. I’m hoping for a good look into the democracy and decision making capacity of the co-op structure as it stands right now.

0 Comments:

 

Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity. It is an act of justice. - Nelson Mandela

If we are to have any hope of success we require an approach of constructive humility. - Eric Dudley